Friday, May 1, 2020

Join Brandon Krieg on Zoom May 7th, 2020 at 6 pm




Brandon Krieg
is the author of Magnifier, winner of the 2019 Colorado Prize for Poetry chosen by Kazim Ali, as well as In the Gorge (Codhill Press), Invasives (New Rivers Press), a finalist for the 2015 ASLE Book Award in Environmental Creative Writing, and a chapbook, Source to Mouth (DIAGRAM/New Michigan Press). He is Assistant Professor of English at Kutztown University and lives in Kutztown, PA, with his spouse, Colleen O'Brien, and their son.


Below is a sample poem from our featured poet:


The Lover in Winter Plaineth


Machines grind wind’s fangs


to flour. Piles heap



on the outskirts. I cannot see


to the edge. I creep



again to my niche. I sleep,


fingers triggered


from touching the keys.



Alders wave the river smell


into the hangar. I kneel again to scrape


gilt from illuminations



for re-use. Piles heap


on the outskirts. The outskirts



creep. An orchard could be


in the light at the end of the open hangar.


I cannot see to the edge.



I copy what the dead sang


about the fangs of the wind


though the wind had been de-fanged.



The piles. The outskirts.


I creep. I sleep.






Learn more about Brandon Krieg by visiting https://brandonkrieg.com/


Here's how to join us & Brandon Krieg online on May 7th:
We hope to see you there!


Sincerely,
Your friends at Berks Bards

No comments: