Sunday, September 15, 2013

For your pleasure, three poems written on the spot by children at the Berks Bards & Fightin Phils Baseball Poetry Contest Reading on August 22, 2013

On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Berks Bards hosted a mini-poetry contest for children thirteen years old or younger. Below is a sampling of some of the best entries written the evening of the baseball game and submitted in the hopes of winning a drawing for a baseball.


Way up high in the apple tree
Two little apples smiled down at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the two little apples
MMM they were good.

by Cassie L.



Baseball is fun,
Baseball is great.
I love the feeling
Of sliding into home plate
So many happy times,
Out in the sun.
The fun doesn't end
Until the game is won.

by Alex B.



The Philies
Are awesome.
So are the fans.
I like to go and shake their hands.

by Drew S.

No comments: