Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Join Carl Kaucher at GoggleWorks Center for the Arts October 4th, 2018



Berks Bards is excited to welcome Carl Kaucher! Join us at GoggleWorks Center for the Arts to hear selected poetry. Following his reading, we'll allow ANYONE to step up to the mic and read anything that moves them. 


When: October 4th, 2018 at 6 pm 
Where: GoggleWorks Center for the Arts Studio 420
201 Washington Street Reading PA 19601

Learn more about Carl Kaucher before our event by reading more below:

Carl Kaucher of Temple, Pa has been previously published in “Big Hammer” – “Street Value” – “Mad Poets Review” – “Wavelength 14” – “Blue Collar Review” – 
Old Red Kimono” – North of Oxford – Duanespoetree and others. His new book Sideways Blues – Irish Mountain and beyond explores his experiences wandering urban spaces near his home and throughout Pennsylvania. The work reflects the amazing diversity of events that are happening all around us if only we slow down long enough to observe. Through his photography and writing, Carl exposes the miraculous beauty of the ordinary. He is photographing the overlooked places and documenting the chance occurrences that happen to him and by doing so gives us the opportunity to reflect upon those similar things happening in our lives also. He presents the work in hopes that it might inspire us to explore that dynamic world out side and beyond the touch screen.

Below is a sample of Carl Kaucher's poetry:



I am a Temple of free will and love creative entanglement and pale moon light. 

I have a spiritual flashlight and extra batteries if needed. 
My altar is alternative form meditated since before I was born. 
Sometimes I dream of silence and pray for it's return. 
Life is far simpler than I know when I let go of my self. 
Drifting on an empty street I am hoping to be filled with lost. 
In giving away, I am not taking. 
In living my way, I am not faking. 
My path abounds in the sounds of dissonance and syncopation as an alternating current spontaneously conducting me wild. 
It is the energy of my awakening from which I shall construct a lifestyle of rebellion based on feedback and distortion in a spiritual contortion like noise. 
I am a free spirited activist of roam and wander getting lost in the Alpha and Omega and through the prism of my style I shall wander for a while amidst the forgotten spaces to document the moments between memory and madness serenity and the still sweet compassionate chime of the sublime.


No comments: